Caldwell Pathshala is an integral and vibrant part of Jain Center of New Jersey. This Jain Pathshala was established in 1983 at Caldwell Derasar with following goals in mind:
- To teach Jainism / Jain Religion principles, values and culture based on Jain scriptures.
- To introduce children to Tirthankars, Ganadharas, Five Parmesthis and other great Jain souls and learn from their lives and teachings.
To introduce children to Chaturvidh Sangh (Sadhu, Sadhvi, Shravak and Shravika) established by Lord Mahavir and their Jain way of life.
- To teach Jain Sootras and processes of Darshan, Vandan, Pujan, Samayik, Pratikraman, etc.
- To introduce children to Karma Theory, Cosmic Order, Soul and Moksh (liberation of soul).
- To teach importance of Right Faith, Right Knowledge and Right Conduct.
- To introduce children to Jain Pilgrimages and history.
Over the period of time the number of students attending the Pathshala has increased many fold and so as the activities of the Pathshala. In recent years the total number of students attending Pathshala is 90+ on average. Pathshala classes are conducted in Caldwell College, Science Center. In addition to running classes for children, Caldwell Pathshala also organizes Adult Swadhyay sessions by Dr. Kirtibhai C. Shah, which are conducted at the same time as regular Pathshala classes to ensure that more and more number of parents can take benefit of it. You can attend Adult Swadhyay session even if your child is not a Pathshala student.
The pathshala classes are conducted in English. The adult Swadhyay by Dr. Kirtibhai Shah is conducted in Gujarati.
In addition to the pathshala classes, in 1991 we started Gujarati Language classes for children who want to learn the language. These classes are held for one hour prior to the pathshala classes, as given in the schedule.
Every year, the Pathshala is held between September/October and June of each year.
Caldwell Pathshala is very thankful to Jain Center of New Jersey, Dr. Kirtibhai C. Shah, all teachers, students & their parents / guardians, and our generous donors for making this Pathshala a big success.
Please visit www.caldwellpathshala.net for more details.